Things I am Thankful For
It is the last week of December in 2017 and I am pausing for a few moments to list a few things I am thankful for. My first disclaimer is that I will think of something or someone I should have listed, so if you feel left out, my apologies.
Here is my list of reasons I am thankful today:
- I continued to be thankful to live in a country where I can worship my creator freely. As a follower of Jesus Christ, I can never be thankful enough to be able to freely express my faith and to also live in a country where others can freely express their faith.
- I am thankful to have celebrated 35 years of marriage to my wife, Gena. Living with me is not always the easiest thing and she makes my life a real joy.
- I am thankful to have two adult sons, Daniel and Matthew, with two wonderful wives, Molly and Lauren. Each of them has a unique set of gifts that they use well to serve others in their daily lives.
- Even though I lost my parents many years ago, I am so thankful to have outstanding in-laws who still like me after having known me for over 37 years.
- I am blessed to have a thriving business where I get the chance to work daily with three outstanding women, Kaylyn, Graham and Madeline. I may not always be the best at leading us, but they are supportive and not afraid to tell me when I am heading into the ditch.
- I am thankful to have so many wonderful clients to work with. They sometimes make choices that I don't fully agree with, but they typically listen well and I hope they find that we listen well to them.
- On a less serious note, I am thankful for college baseball. Those who know me well understand how my life sometimes revolves around college baseball and one team in particular, located here in Nashville at Vanderbilt.
I'll stop here for now.
What are you thankful for?