Have you ever had one of those days?
Today was one of those days. They don’t happen often, but if it could turn into a challenge, it happened yesterday.
I won’t go into details, but here are a few things to look out for if “one of those days is heading our way:”
- The project you thought you had put to bed rears its ugly head again
- The obvious solution becomes less obvious
- Your dog growls at you when you try to pet it
- Your wife sneers at you when you smile at her
- You realize that your socks don’t match
- You realize that your shoes don’t match either
- You have on a brown belt and black shoes
- You could have sworn that everyone else said “business casual” as you show up without a tie, the only person in the room without one
- Someone asks you why you brought your daughter instead of your wife (good sign for the wife)
- You are doing a good deed and it ends up drawing blood as you cut or poke yourself
I am glad that these kinds of days don’t happen often. They do have advantages because they help us realize just how fortunate we are and just how good we have things most every day.
How do you know it will be one of those days?