Things I am Thankful For
This post was written on my original blog in November of 2011, almost a year ago.
The points brought out there are still valid today and I wanted to share this again to make the point.
We all have things we should be thankful for; in fact we should be thankful for everything!
We had an extra blessing this evening when both sons showed up for dinner. We don’t often have them both together at the dinner table, so it was a special evening as we all got caught up.
What are you thankful for? Think about it. I try to every day.
This time of year is a good one for reflection and I have taken some time over the past week to think about what I am most thankful for as I move past the halfway point of my 53rd year in this world. This list may not hit them all, but I think it will get the top 5 to 10 items that bring me the most joy and peace.
I would encourage you to take the time to reflect and think about what you are most thankful for. I know I take so much for granted and it is high time I gave thanks:
- I am thankful to live in a country where I can worship freely and be an active member of the Christian community.
- I have the most wonderful wife and two awesome sons. They are the joy of my life and I cannot fathom them being any better or more rewarding to me than they are.
- My life has been immeasurably blessed by my in-laws. My parents died right after I married my wife and my father in law and mother in law have been so supportive and loving to me for as long as I can remember.
- I am blessed beyond measure to be able to earn a good living in a business that I have started. So much of my success comes from relationships and friendships I have acquired over the years and that is a blessing also.
- I have relatively good health and am able to come and go as I please in most situations.
I could add many others to this list, but these are the top 5 that I give thanks for everyday.
What is your list of the top 5 things you are thankful for? Are you giving thanks for the many blessings you have?
Take time to reflect and say thank you to those who are making a difference. You will be glad you did.